Wednesday, April 11, 2012

A lot of times I like to help family / friends out with projects. A lot of times this means giving of my talents/time for a price less than what is acceptable. Some may see it as me being taken advantage of, I see it as paying it forward. I am not saying that everyone should work for free always, that wouldn't make sense, much less pay the bills. But I do feel that sometimes, there are those moments/times when you discern what you are doing and why you are doing it. Helping people who need it, gives me a lot of joy. So I do it. I've had a lot of wonderful people whom I admire help me one way or another on the road towards my career. Whether it be with a nice email that encouraged me about my work, to actually lending me equipment I could not afford to complete a project. I am not saying everyone should do this, but if you have the time and means, why not? Look at it as practice :) 

The following is a video from a speaker I saw while visiting Nashville, Tennessee. A wise man that made me remember his wise words. 

"The day you practice something you're not paid to do, is the beginning of the journey that will
take you to the place they will pay you, for what you've practiced."

No comments: